Many people turn to vaping as an alternative to smoking. It can provide the nicotine hit, without the additional carcinogenic chemicals.
If you’re new to the world of vape, it can be a little confusing trying to work out an appropriate amount of nicotine to vape. An appropriate amount is one that satisfies your cravings, and so matches the amount in your cigarettes.
With e-juice, we measure the amount of nicotine (measured in milligrams – mg) per millilitre (ml) of juice. Generally, you will find strengths of nicotine varying from 36mg per ml to 6mg per ml, with the higher numbers representing a stronger solution.
You can also buy e-juices that contain 0-nicotine. In fact, the best E liquid UK tends to offer a full range of mgs from 0-36, because the flavour is so popular.
Below, you will find a list of strengths and a corresponding number of cigarettes. You will be able to use this list to work out which strength of nicotine is best for you:
- 36mg per ml: this is for heavy smokers. If you smoke between 30 and 40 cigarettes a day, this strength will satisfy your cravings.
- 24mg per ml: if you smoke between 20 and 30 cigarettes per day, this is the strength that you will need in order to satisfy your cravings.
- 18mg per ml: this is appropriate for those of you who smoke between 15 and 20 cigarettes a day. It’s relatively strong, but is about right for the average UK smoker.
- 12mg per ml: this is appropriate for those of you who smoke between 10 and 15 cigarettes a day. It’s relatively weak, but will satisfy your cravings.
- 6mg per ml: this is appropriate for those of you who smoke very few cigarettes a day, or who have quit smoking, but still feel a twinge of addiction every now and again.
- 0mg per ml: this is pure vape juice and it contains no nicotine. This is appropriate for those of you looking to quit nicotine altogether, or who simply never smoked but still want to vape.
You can also use the various strengths to reduce your nicotine addiction. For example, a heavy smoker could start off at 36mg per ml, move down to 24mg per ml, then keep moving down until they no longer crave it.